Tours are run twice daily Monday to Friday, at 9.30am and 1.30pm. Allow approximately 1.5 - 2 hours for your tour. We require a minimum of four adults to run a tour, we will advise you if any tour needs to be cancelled.
A free transfer bus will collect you from the Geraldine Information Centre located in the Mundells Café area of the Kiwi Country building: 38 Waihi Terrace, Geraldine, at 9.30am (morning tour) or 1.30pm (afternoon tour).
A short scenic drive takes you to Beauly Farm, where you will experience the daily running of a working sheep & beef farm. For pre-booked tours a shearing demonstration is included. Following that you will be taken to a local deer farm, owned by Deer Genetics, renowned for their majestic red and white deer herds.
Our tours include a traditional shearing shed morning/afternoon tea.
Tours will operate in most weathers.
Our tours cost:
- $70 per adult over 12 years of age
- $40 for ages 5 -12 years
- $200 family package - 2 adults and 2 children
- Under 5 years FREE
To book a tour please send us an email with your preferred date and time and we'll be in touch to confirm.
In extreme weather tours may be cancelled and fees paid will be refunded in full. Full Terms & Conditions
Be a part of a working farm with, working dogs, lambs and sometimes calves (in season).
- See the dogs working and mustering a flock of sheep
- For pre-booked tours, a sheep-shearing demonstration
- Feed lambs and calves (when in season)
We are home to the best Red and White Deer herds not only in NZ, but the world!
- Majestic stags, their antlers in prolific growth phase, are a rare site and fantastic photo opportunity
- Watch stags being fed and feed young deer yourself by hand
- Informative tour on velvet growth, production/harvesting and deer genetics
- Tour of working deer sheds and yards
Individual and separate farm tours are available on request.
Here at Geraldine Farm Tours your enjoyment and safety is our upmost priority.
Both Tours are on working farms which means machinery and animals are operating. It is important that you follow the instructions of your tour guides at all times. There are hand washing facilities available at both farms for your hygiene.
We accept the following payment types: